KRISTY'S MINI MENAGERIE

Hello and welcome, anybody who may come across this little blog of mine! I've just started this blog, and plan on focusing on miniatures, animals, and miniature animals. However, I'm also hoping it can be a fun place to talk about just about anything. We'll see.........

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Egg Sucking Coonie

Well that title almost sounds like I'm name calling or cursing, LOL. But raccoons just LOVE eggs, and somehow they're able to suck the insides of them out leaving the shells still whole with just a small hole. I found this out one time while camping. We woke to find the eggs we planned to have for breakfast were scattered about the campsite. At first I thought the little thieves left some undamaged, until I picked them up to discover they had been sucked dry, lol. So this is why I made this little egg bandit using a drinking straw. :D








22 comments:

  1. Oh soooo sweet again. How DO you come up with all these lovely ideas, Kristy!!! I am a bit in love ,I think...., but then , I always fall in love with all your naughty little critters. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG too lovely - and the straw is just the bee's knees!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Que gran imaginacion (ademas de experiencia jejeje, seguro que te debieron agradecer mucho los mapaches que tuvieses huevos en el camping para ellos)
    Me encanta como te ha quedado!!
    besitos ascension

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks you guys! Glenda, there's a story behind that straw. I've NEVER been so lucky! At first I tried to make one from clay but it was so thin I couldn't get the red stripe to look right, and I was also afraid it might break. So I thought I'd do a search around the house certain I'd come up empty handed. But the first place I looked (in my husband's work table) I found this white and red striped electrical wire. Not only was it the perfect size and color, it's durable and flexible. It was like a frickin' miracle or something, Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh! Son preciosos...¡tan bien hechos! Me encantan! Felicidades!...Un beso.Maria

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cool! As always I am in love in your animals Kristy:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!!!!!!!!! SOOOOOOOOO ADorABLE!!!!!! YEAY!!!
    xxxooo
    Morena

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love him and his straw is so cute. Little egg sucker looks like he's enjoying himself.

    Where the heck have you been? Come and visit once and a while at least. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kristy, You are hysterical! With a STRAW! Too too Much! I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Está amoroso! Parabéns!
    Beijinho
    www.liliputthings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. O`my...that straw is so super idea for the Cute Raccoon :) ! So Sweet!
    Minihugs
    Kikka

    ReplyDelete
  12. toooooo stinking cute! What a great imagination you have Kristy :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL...Kristy, you are so funny and soooo talented! Your little coon is wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This little rascal was the good laugh I was in need of after five days of cold turkey - without connection to the internet, no E-mail, no phone... Thank you for always giving me a good smile with every new creation of yours... ;O)

    Greetings
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my freakin cuteness!!!! I can't stand it! :)

    ReplyDelete